Posts

Showing posts from May, 2018

Sitecore PowerShell extensions - 404 Not found error

Image
I was recently working on a client's project running Sitecore 8.1 Update 3 and I needed to do some bulk item changes. I decided to install the latest Sitecore PowerShell Extensions (4.7.2) to accomplish this task, however, I was not able to get the module working right away.

Even though I was able to open the PowerShell ISE, whenever I opened the PowerShell console, I got a 404 error:


Because of that error, the security prompt asking for my password to elevate the session state never appeared. I verified that the file not found was present in the file system and that the security was correctly set on the affected files/folders.

I thought that one solution could be to completely deactivate the security prompt by modifying the Congnifide.PowerShell.config file:


<token name=”Default” expiration=”00:00:00″ elevationAction=”Block”/> <token name=”Console” expiration=”00:05:00″ elevationAction=”Password”/> <token name=”ISE” expiration=”00:05:00″ elevationAction=”Password”/&…

Sitecore dictionary items language fallback issues.

A few weeks ago I ran into an issue in which dictionary items were displaying the key instead of the value for items that did not have a version in a specific language. I was using Sitecore 8.1 Update 3 and item language fallback was enabled and correctly set up. When I visited a site in other language than the default, the dictionary items would sometimes render the key, and sometimes they would render the value. Language fallback was working inconsistently.

To fix this, I read a lot of posts and most of them recommended resetting the translation cache by doing something similar to this:

Sitecore.Globalization.Translate.ResetCache(true)
That approach didn't work in my case. What I ended up doing was adding a processor to the GetTranslation pipeline as Steven Karrmann recommended in the community forums. To accomplish this, you need to add a patch containing the new processor:


<configuration xmlns:patch="http://www.sitecore.net/xmlconfig/"> <sitecore> <…